Nutritional medicine is based on the principle that nutrients, including essential micronutrients, are required for the proper functioning of all the biochemical processes on which our bodies depend.
Nutritional medicine is a holistic approach and considers the whole person – diet and the complex interplay between the physical, environmental, chemical, emotional, and spiritual aspects of life. It draws on traditional knowledge as well as scientific evidence-based medicine.
Nutritional medicine is a personalised treatment that deals with the prevention of and addresses underlying causes of chronic disease. It moves from the modern disease-centred focus to a patient-centred approach. We’re all different, and as such a one size fits all approach doesn’t work. The aim is to educate and empower you to understand your health manifestation and support you with natural treatments.
Our qualified Dietitian and Nutritionist can help you with:
- Forming better eating habits
- Weight management
- Digestive issues (bloating, IBS, indigestion, food intolerances, coeliac disease, Crohn’s disease)
- Pain management – arthritis & osteoarthritis
- Chronic health prevention
- Thyroid irregularities
- Improve skin health – acne, eczema
- Sleep health & hygiene
- Improving your relationship with food
Nutrition for Women’s Health
- Regulate hormones – endometriosis, PCOS & PMS
- Support healthy transition through peri menopause, menopause and beyond
- Stress & anxiety management
- Teenage health and menstruation
Regarding our Dietetics appointments, we do accept Chronic Disease Management (CDM) plans from referring GPs allowing Medicare rebates at the time of your appointment. We also have HICAPS facilities to allow immediate claiming on private health funds if your policy covers this service for either Dietitian or Nutrition appointments.