Our skilled team of Pelvic Floor Physiotherapists are passionate about supporting the prenatal population with all the things their bodies are still capable of during pregnancy.
We will provide education and treatment to help manage any pregnancy-related pain, injury or concerns.
Our recommendation is to see women prenatally to help prepare any soon to be mums with all the tools they need to have a smooth pregnancy and aid in a quick and safe recovery.
Common prenatal conditions we can help with:
- Musculoskeletal injuries associated with the prenatal period, i.e. back & hip pain, pelvic girdle pain, wrist pain etc.
- Pelvic floor education and preparation for birth and recovery
- Baseline testing of pelvic floor function
- Education regarding stomach separation (diastasis recti) in pregnancy and what to be aware of while pregnant, and preparedness for recovery postnatally
- Prenatal exercise prescription
- Physiotherapy led Pilates classes in the studio.
Do I need a referral to see a Pelvic Floor Physiotherapist?
No, a referral is not needed.
Medicare rebates are available if eligible for Chronic Disease Management (CDM) assistance. If you have been diagnosed with a chronic medical condition and require complex care, your GP can provide you with this referral form.
Physiotherapy treatment rebates are available through most private health insurance funds. We support this and have HICAPS facilities to claim this rebate.