Reformer Pilates is suitable for everyone, as it is an inclusive workout method. Whether you’re a budding athlete, office worker, a mum-to-be, a tradie or new to working out, reformer pilates will help develop your entire body.
A reformer Pilates machine is used in various ways to benefit strength, flexibility and balance.
Most movements involve pushing or pulling the platform against the spring resistance, controlling the movement back, or holding it in place, which can be done by either standing, sitting or even upside down!
Designed to improve core stability, strength and flexibility, reformer Pilates is a low-impact form of exercise that encourages muscles to work seamlessly together while minimising load and impact on your joints.
At Sound CBR, our reformer Pilates classes are run by qualified Physiotherapists and trained professionals with in-depth knowledge of anatomy and physiology. This means you’ll get the right cues and corrections to work hard towards your personal goals.
We recommend booking an Exercise Assessment with one of our Physiotherapists prior to attending class if;
- You are new to Pilates
- Are pregnant
- Are carrying an injury
- Or its been a while since you exercised
These one-on-one appointments allow our Physiotherapists to;
- Take a detailed history of any presenting condition
- Teach you the correct technique of activating your deeper core, so you get the most from class
- Show you some of the basics
- Provide you with tips for modifications if needed so you can go into class feeling confident