Our experienced team of Women’s Health Physiotherapists are passionate about supporting the postnatal population as they recover from pregnancy and birth. The postnatal period is an exciting time but can often be daunting and emotional as we navigate motherhood and changes to any family dynamic. During this time, the female body continues to undergo great change and many new demands that can cause or contribute to an injury and impact recovery. At Sound CBR, our goal is to support women with their recovery, all whilst ensuring they are being safe and achieving their postnatal goals.
Common postnatal conditions we can help with:
- Musculoskeletal conditions associated with the postnatal period
- Testing of pelvic floor strength and pelvic organ position
- Perineal tears and pelvic floor rehabilitation
- Caesarean recovery
- Stomach separation (diastasis recti) recovery
- Mastitis ultrasound treatment
- Postnatal exercise prescription including pilates classes in studio
- Exercise programming to help return to high intensity sport and exercise safely
- Education sessions regarding pelvic floor and postnatal recovery
What will the initial appointment involve?
The initial consultation is a 1-hour appointment where the Physiotherapist will take a detailed history of any current presenting issues as well as asking questions regarding bladder, bowel, sexual intercourse, and gynaecological history amongst other things. Education based on the answers is then a large component to these appointments and the Physiotherapist will then advise whether an internal assessment is recommended. Internal assessments are not mandatory but are the best way to assess pelvic floor muscles and pelvic organ position. Irrespective of an internal assessment, treatment options will then be discussed and provided.