Designed to improve core stability, strength and flexibility, Pilates is a low impact form of exercise that encourages muscles to work seamlessly together while minimising load and impact on your joints.
At Sound CBR, our Pilates classes are run by qualified Physiotherapists who have an in-depth knowledge of anatomy and physiology. This means you’ll get the right cues and corrections to work hard towards your personal goals.
Our classes are maxed at 12 to ensure each student’s form and technique are monitored; this way, you will get the most from your class.
All of our Pilates classes are mat-based. All equipment that might be used for each class, such as bands, balls, foam rollers and Pilates rings, are provided. As always, students are welcome to bring their own mat or towel to place over ours!
We recommend booking a Pilates assessment with one of our Physiotherapists before attending class if;
- You are new to Pilates
- Are pregnant
- Are carrying an injury
- Or its been a while since you practised
This one on one appointment allows our Physiotherapists to;
- Take a detailed history of any presenting condition
- Teach you the correct technique of activating your deeper core, so you get the most from class
- Show you some of the basics
- Provide you with tips for modifications if needed so you can go into class feeling confident