Soft Tissue Therapy can help to treat or alleviate the discomfort of musculoskeletal injuries or dysfunction which may include everyday activities, sporting stresses, occupational overuse, and many chronic pain conditions.
Soft Tissue Therapy is a term used to describe the therapeutic treatment of the body’s soft tissues structures that includes muscles, fascia, tendons, ligaments and joints. Soft Tissue Therapy also incorporates Sports and Remedial Massage.
Presentations and types of treatments our Soft Tissue Therapist can help with:
- Neck and back pain
- Upper limb pain
- Lower limb pain
- Hip and pelvis conditions
- Core strengthening and stability
- General maintenance
- Injury prevention
- Specific massage types:
- Pregnancy massage
- Remedial massage
- Sports massage
What to expect in an appointment:
- Musculoskeletal assessment to identify the source of the pain or injury
- Manual therapy treatment which may include massage, myofascial release, joint mobilisation, dry needling, cupping, taping, and stretching
- Reassessment to confirm changes in range of movement and effectiveness of the treatment
- Advise on home care exercises
- If required, referral to other specialists and allied health professionals for further or collaborative opinion and treatment options
The Soft Tissue Therapists at Sound CBR are registered with professional associations and able to offer Private Health Fund Rebates on their services. At Sound CBR we have HICAPs facilities so you can claim the rebate at the time of your appointment.